If you love the convenience and intimacy of audio, and value The Dallas Morning News’ local journalism, we have more options than ever to stay connected while you’re busy doing other things.
You can keep up with all of the great audio The Dallas Morning News offers by following our main feed. Go to your favorite podcast app and search “The Dallas Morning News.” Select the podcast of the same name and hit the “Subscribe” or “Follow” button. (Here are quick links to our feed on popular apps such as Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Stitcher and I Heart Radio.) You’ll get our daily news roundup, our weekly sports and food shows, and our special audio reports.
You can follow our sports and food shows separately in your podcast player if you prefer:
- SportsDay Insider hosted by Kevin Sherrington, Evan Grant and David Moore
- SportsDay Cowboys hosted by writers Calvin Watkins and Michael Gehlken
- Eat Drink D-FW hosted by Erin Booke, Sarah Blaskovich and Claire Ballor
We’re also available on your smart speakers:
To start tell your Alexa, "Enable The Dallas Morning News" skill.
Once you do that, ask Alexa to "Open The Dallas Morning News" and you'll hear the most recent briefings at any time.
Google Home and Google Assistant
No skill enabling required. To get our news updates, you can say:
- Hey Google, talk to The Dallas Morning News.
- Hey Google, read The Dallas Morning News.
Alexa Flash Briefing
You can also set The Dallas Morning News to be your flash briefing. This is a little more involved and will require the Amazon Alexa app on your mobile device.
First you need to enable Flash Briefing on your Alexa-enabled Amazon device:
1. Open the Amazon Alexa app and click the menu on the top left.
2. Tap "Settings." It's at the bottom.
3. Scroll down until you see "Flash Briefing" under "Alexa Preferences."
4. Tap the plus sign next to “Add Content.”
5. Tap the magnifying glass on the top right and search for “The Dallas Morning News.”
6. Tap "The Dallas Morning News" and tap "Enable to Use."
7. Once you do that, go back to the Flash Briefing (Steps 1-3) and tap "Edit" on the top right. Drag The Dallas Morning News to the top.
Ask Alexa to read your Flash Briefing.
Here are some of the commands you can use:
- Alexa, read The Dallas Morning News.
- Alexa, what's my flash briefing?
- Alexa, what's the news?
To get our news updates, you can say:
- Play the podcast The Dallas Morning News.
Become a member of The Dallas Morning News
Help support our audio storytelling and get the best in local journalism by becoming a member. Here’s a special offer just for listeners.